Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bench Sitting


Olivia had been having a lot of trouble with not wanting to bend her knees for anything! It is rather hard to kneel or get up on all fours, when you don't bend your knees. So Mommy got out the Topics in DS Gross Motor book and did some looking at what our PT was not doing. Bench Sitting!!!! Ahhh!!! Let's try that!!!!! Mommy used some books to figure out the correct height and Daddy went down the basement and found the old printer stand!!! Correct height!!! 4 1/2 inches tall!!!! It works great!!!! I have been doing this with Olivia since Saturday, and already we are seeing results in Olivia being more comfortable bending her knees in the pre crawling and pre walking exercises! Topics in Ds is a great series!!!!!


We also work on pulling up to standing with me just holding her hands. She LOVES that now. The first days I was trying to get her to do it, she looked at me as if I was crazy. But now it is a fun thing to do!

With all that we are working on, someone is tired at the end of the day! And Mommy is rather exhausted too! Somehow, I managed to get the whole house cleaned thoroughly in the past two days, and a bunch of laundry done, and taking care of the daily grooming of the cats and baby care, while doing all this extra therapy work. June Cleaver look out! LOL

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Cute, cute, CUTE:)!!!

Linda said...

When I use my iPad to upload photos to the Blog the photos look smaller on the Blog. It probably doesn't matter. But ladies will it affect the voting for the Beautiful Blog awards!?!?!! :-)