Saturday, April 11, 2009

Baby O's dress

This is a little dress that I made for Baby O.  Yes, it is impractical!  Two years ago, I made some very practical items. The other day though, I got the idea to make something very impractical. This is the result. The only practical thing about it is that it opens up completely in the back and closes with velcro.  I imagine that she will wear this dress once in her early days for a photo and then it will become a baby doll dress for her Itty Bitty Baby.  I am not the best seamstress in the world,  but it turned out OK.  I am excited to show my godmother this dress. KY always encourages me in my sewing pursuits. She was quite the seamstress in her day, and owned a little sewing shop called The Sewing Basket.

2 comments:

La Familia Lopez Robinson said...

So cute!

Signe said...

that is so lovely! I love simple clothes - that way the child can shine through.