Monday, November 8, 2010

My Life as an 18 Month old

Now that I am 18 months old, I have to let you know what I am doing.  I still like to read. In fact, looking at books and being read to is my second all time favorite thing. My first favorite thing is listening to Music, and especially Barney's Greatest Hits CD.  I am learning al the songs and actions for each song. I know Itsy Bitsy Spider, Wheels on the Bus, Pop Goes the Weasel and Do your ears hang low?  I was impressed today that my Mommy's friend knows all of those songs too. Her boys taught them to her when they were small. Now they are tall.  But they have a guinea pig, so they are cool fellas.
 Now I bet you wonder what has me up on all fours.  No, I am not creeping, I still crawl on my belly, but I considered creeping on all fours for a moment, because I saw my big sister who I adore.
 Here I am crawling after her. Remember I just love her so much! She is such a great big sister!  My other big sister is great too, but this is my oldest big sister.
 Here I am adoring my big sister.  She likes to talk to me from up on top of things.  I think that she does that because I am taller than her now. I told her not to worry that she is short.  It happens sometimes that some people are short. I assured her that I respect her even though she is height deprived.
Also, I don't like my mommy to sing unless I specifically request something.  I much prefer listening to her iPod (on her iPad or iPhone.... I call myself an iBaby so that she has an interest in me LOL)  I also love music boxes.  I love to use mom's iPad for learning my vocabulary on iTots.  I will study really hard and then when I learn them all I won't be interested anymore. That is what I do.  I study a toy or an object as if it was the only thing in the world that mattered, and then when I have learned all there is to know about it, I am done with it.  I can be that way about food too.  The other week, I was really fixated on eating carrots, then I had no more interest in them.

In the eating department, I am working on controlling my spoon and cup. That means that I am learning to set them down nicely on the table and pick then up nicely and put them to my mouth, and then set them down nicely.  So how is it going? Well, I am getting really good with my straw cup.  And I am getting really good at controlling an empty spoon outside of mealtime.  During meal time, I don't control my spoon very well. But I think I am making progress.

As far as signing goes. I am rather awesome.  I sign a lot of things that matter, and don't bother with needless words.  I can sign Daddy correctly now. I no longer sign bye bye for Daddy.  I don't sign Mommy, but I say Momma.  And I say it with gusto when I really need to get her cooperating with my plans.

I am getting my picture taken professionally this week.  We will see if I cooperate or not. I have not decided.

Oh, and one more thing.  I think the perfect Sunday afternoon is spent at Grandma and Grandpa B's house playing with my cousins (ages 5 and 6). They are so nice and I love to try to get their toys which are for big kids.  I just adore my cousins!

Well, I am supposed to be asleep, so I better quit typing so that Mommy doesn't catch me still up after she put me to bed.  Take care. Love, Olivia

No comments: