Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Olivia Befriends Oprah

Olivia and I were at the podiatrist's office today, when Olivia sees Oprah across the room. Well, of course Olivia waved and smiled and was eager to go see her and chat.  So, we went across the room and Olivia began her typical befriending process. Oprah just smiled and smiled.  This was Olivia's first encounter with O Magazine!

How was your weather today!?!?!  Ours was crazy!!!!!  Soon after we left home, the tornado sirens and downpour of rain began.  Needless to say, I got very wet!  But thanks to the stroller rain cover, I kept Olivia comfortable and dry and out of the strong wind.  When we left the office, the sirens started as I was getting Olivia into the car.  Of course it was still a downpour and I was cold and drenched.  I phoned Peter to get his opinion about what I should do. Go back into the office or head home.  Long story short, I turned the seat heater on full blast, said a prayer and headed home!  The nice warm shower and warm clothes and soup that awaited me at home never felt so good! Olivia took a 2 hour nap.  I regrouped and the rest of the day was sunny, but still windy.

No comments: